| The Birthday Boy! |
Megan, my best friend, came up to see me before she moved to Boston in order to start her job working for Proctor and Gamble. She came in on Wednesday, also Joe's birthday. We went out to this French bistro-- whose name I won't even try to butcher-- in Dupont Circle, which is the northwest side of the city. Yes, I checked with Joe before I posted directions.
The next day, was filled with sight seeing. We got off the metro at the Capitol building and walked our way across the mall, through a few museums and the memorials, to see Honest Abe. Of course, we couldn't help but dip our feet into the WWII memorial fountain. We meant no disrespect, I mean, it was 98 degrees outside! After 3 hours of walking, we dragged our blistered feet across the Arlington Memorial Bridge to the Arlington Cemetery metro station. I was later told by Joe that we took the long way home. Well, everyone saw that coming.
| Soaking Our Sore Feet! |
| Yes, It's Worth The Wait! |
We capped off this perfect day with some Georgetown Cupcakes, which we waited 35minutes (a whole city block!) to get. The red velvet was absolutely worth it.
| The Marine Barracks |
Friday night we partied with the marines... well, watched them party. Here's a picture of us at the Marine Barracks watching the President's Band perform. The best part was the silent drill team-- flipping rifles with bayonets in perfect synchronization!
It was a great way to say good-bye before we entered the real world. Megan and I have been friends for nearly nine years, roommates for five. We've come to realize that we may never find ourselves in the same state ever again. It's bittersweet, but we figured we'll take our families across the country together! Well, Joe, her boyfriend Sam, and I will make that cross-country trek. She'll just fly there and meet us. If she doesn't know already, I love her and miss her. Thanks for being, forever, my sister and friend!
No comments:
Post a Comment